News & Updates
Lotus - A trusted name in family travel
Heritage Trip “Budgeting Builder” Tips
How can one save and possibly budget for such a trip?
- One way is to travel in wintertime, or early spring when airfares are typically less.
- Create a Trip Savings Plan or TSP and pay installments in advance of a trip. Send $50 or $100 as you can. We’ll help you track your progress.
- Plan to travel sooner rather than later – inflation has been 7-8% per year China
- Travel in a group of 10 (adults) +, you will gain the benefit of group rates on hotels.
- Collect frequent flier miles to lower or eliminate airfare costs and/or let others know – they may offer to collect miles for you tooJ
- Let grandparents or others know of a Lotus Gift Certificate – perfect for kids’ birthday and holidays
- You can also take trains in between key cities, which can save on hotel and airfare costs in China.
- Share ownership; consider having your child assist:
- Allow them to have responsibility for designated part (visa fees, shopping, etc.). This can help them build anticipation and excitement
- Young kids responsible for grocery/ dining coupons & put designated savings in a jar
- Ask a teen to look at their spending and save something for next 12-18 months.
- Evaluate the possibility of a “staycation” for 1-2 years as you save towards your heritage trip.