Minority Area Tour
You will be fascinated by the flower bridges, architecture and unique customs of the Dong people. As you travel into a variety of minority ethnic regions, you will delve into and diverse social customs of these amazing minority groups, some of which have been left almost untouched by modern life. While traveling around these villages, you may find cafes or teahouses, which often carry local flare and are great places to learn more about the village and life in the area. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get started on this adventure into this little known region of China.
SanJiang/Congjiang Bullet Train (Your local guide has tickets)
Meet your tour guide at the Congjiang train station exit and you will be transferred to the Zhaoxing in order to explore more in-depth experiences within the Dong culture as you visit the Tang'an Dong village.The Dong minority culture features several unique components, including Wind-Rain Bridges (also known as Flower Bridges), Drum Towers and the beautiful songs of the Dong nationality. These beautiful flower bridges are named such because the bridges have pagoda-like, multi-tier pavilions with beautifully carved roof tiles engraved with flowers. The flower bridges are really covered walkways with railing and benches to take a seat and enjoy the scenery. It is a lovely place to be on a sunny or rainy day, while you sit on the bridge pavilion and chat with friends and enjoy the surrounding scenery. The bridges highlight the unique architecture of the Dong people, since every bridge built is done without a nail, any rivets or blueprints, though they boast masterpiece works with the wood columns, purlins, stools and intricate railings. This afternoon, you will get to explore the village of Zhaoxing -the largest Dong village, with more than 800 households and population of 5000. In the past, the head of the village divided people into five groups to simplify administration and built towers to serve as a symbol of good fortune and prosperity. The towers are a meeting place and a tool for transmitting information or alarms. During festivals and special meetings, villagers congregate in the lower pavilions of the tower, which is the tallest and most respected building, where they dance, listen to traditional folk songs or socialize. These drum towers have become symbols of the Dong minority and the five towers represent not only five different family clans, but also represent the qualities of kindness, politeness, intellect, righteousness and creditworthiness.
- B = Breakfast L = Chinese Lunch D = Chinese Dinner
CA= Air China CZ=China Southern Airline MU=China Eastern Airlines
|2-5 Persons||6-9 Persons||10 Persons||Hotel Single Supplement|
|Guilin .||Guilin Exhibition International Hotel|
|Longji .||PingAn Hotel, Longji|
|SanJiang .||DongXiang Guest House, SanJiang|
|Zhaoxing .||Zhaoxing Yinji Zuimei Hotel|
|Danzhai .||Wanda Jin Danzhai Hotel|
|Kaili .||Kaili Grand Metro Park Hotel|
|Guiyang .||Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Guiyang|
|Hotel||Indoor Pool||Outdoor Pool||Gym||Safe Box||Refrigerator||Hair Dryer||Kitchen|
|Guilin Exhibition International Hotel||√||√||√||√||√|
|PingAn Hotel, Longji|
|DongXiang Guest House, SanJiang||√||√||√||√||√|
|Zhaoxing Yinji Zuimei Hotel||√|
|Wanda Jin Danzhai Hotel||√|
|Kaili Grand Metro Park Hotel||√||√||√||√|
|Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Guiyang||√||√||√||√||√|
- Private transfer of Guilin/Longsheng/SanJiang/Zhaoxing/Congjiang/Rongjiang/Danzhai/Kaili/Guiyang;
- Sanjiang/Congjiang soft seat train tickets;
- Airport/hotel/airport (or train station) transfer as listed in itinerary;
- All listed sightseeing and tour programs with private English-speaking tour guide and private van or bus with driver.
- Hotels and meals as stipulated in itinerary.
- International airfare of to Guilin, Guiyang/home;
- Some meals.
- Tipping to tour guide and driver.
- Chinese visa.
- Expenses of a personal nature.
Terms & Conditions:
- Deposit:A $500 per person non-refundable deposit needs to be sent to us within one week in order to guarantee the above quotes.
- Balance:Balance is due 60 days before departure.
- Airfare:Airfare is due at time of ticket issuance.
- Terms & Conditions:Our terms are listed on our homepage www.lotustours.net, located on the bottom of the page, right above "Resources".