Heritage Trip Preparation
- Orphanage visits
- Social customs in Vietnam
- Weather & Trip Plans
- Ho Chi Minh City & Saigon
- Long An Province
- Tet Trung Thu
- Vietnam Travel Tips
- Travel Tips
- Temperature Guide
- Customs and Social Etiquette
- Vietnam - Mom & Daughter Spend a Year in Vietnam
- Planning A Return Trip to Vietnam
- Mid Autumn Festival is a Multicultural Holiday
Vietnam Homeland Heritage Tour B (North to South)
This tour begins in Ho Chi Minh City, formerly Saigon and includes many key historical sites coupled with glimpses of modern day life, such as visits to a local elementary school and a fun time at a modern water park for play. You will also get to step back and view traditional farming and fishing life for locals engaged in those vocations. This tour offers rural glimpses of life, beach resort relaxation and modern city living as well as a customizable visit to your child’s birth city and locale. It’s a tour that offers a lot of life experiences in a treasured two week time period. Join it today and plan to create unique family memories in your child’s birth county.
A walking along the streets to taste street foods and learn about “local cuisine culture”, such as cha que (sausage with cinnamon), banh cuon (Vietnamese rolling cakes), bun cha (rice noodles served with Vietnamese BBQ pork), nem (deep fried “square-shape” spring rolls).
Enjoy traditional cyclo ride through Hanoi’s Old Quarter and transfer back your hotel for relax.
Things to do: Kayak around Trinh Nu Area / Sip between sights in Happy Hour/ Try Masterchef "Halong Bay Edition" / Squid fishing like a local
*Depending on weather conditions, this activity might be replaced by kayaking in Luon Cave.
Departs: 12:30 PM
Attraction: Trinh Nu Area includes Trinh Nu Cave, which is the finest sunlight-filled cave in Halong Bay, and a stunning private beach surrounded by Ha Long Bay's crystal water. This is where visitors will have a chance to unwind in a quieter neighborhood and be in touch with raw nature.
Activities (on-board & off-board):
Kayak in the tranquil Trinh Nu Area
Take in the stunning views of Trinh Nu Area by kayaking in the jade-colored water. This activity is highly recommended to all guests. Or sunbathe on a private beach nestled behind Trinh Nu Cave.
Sip between sights in Happy Hour - Buy 1 Get 1
Taste our most exquisite drinks varied vastly in the selection while enjoying the scenic panorama view of Halong Bay during Happy hour, time to rejoice with the buy 1 get 1 promotion.
Squid fishing like a local after dinner
After dinner, try out the technique like a local to get the squids from the ocean while having a wonderful time together. Overnight on the cruise.
The most popular and largest cave in Ha Long Bay, Sung Sot Cave keeps up to its reputation by constantly wowing any visitor, regardless of new or old. Its marvelous structure tells an incredible history that you don't want to miss. Activities (on-board & off-board):
Tai Chi on Sundeck
Rejuvenating the body and spirit with a refreshing Tai Chi lesson as the sun rises over the acclaimed UNESCO Heritage Site is one of the most relaxing experiences that passengers have. Practicing this beautiful art regularly can help treat a number of human ailments.
Be amazed by Sung Sot Cave’s beauty
Paying a visit to the largest and most renowned cave will definitely awe you with many good surprises. Behold the impeccable creation by Nature and use your imagination to connect with ancient folklore.
Check-out: 10:30 AM
You will be driven back to Hanoi by cruise shuttle bus service and then transfer Noi Bai airport for a late afternoon flight to your child’s province. You will be greeted warmly by a local guide at the airport and be escorted to your hotel to settle in and relax, check in to the hotel and relax from the day’s activities.
During the day, you will choose from a variety of activities:
- Boat trip to Caibe floating market
- Visiting the cottage industry workshops (coconut candy, rice paper, pop-rice).
- Watching a performance of local traditional music
- Rowing boat on the small canal
- Lunch at a local house
- Walking or biking along the village
- Homestyle Cooking with a local family
We enjoy diner and have cup of tea or rice wine when talking together. You can ask the locals about the culture, people, history of this Island. They do not mind to answer some personal questions. Overnight in a private room of local house
Overnight at the home-stay/ a private room with air-conditioner, mosquito net, private bathroom inside
Boat trip to visit the brick kilns where you can see how the local people create beautiful potteries from clay. Our boat will go along the floating village. We will learn how to farm catfish on Mekong river
We can visit Vinh Long market in the town. This is the best choice for you to take pictures of fish, shrimps, prawns, crabs, snakes, rice-field rats, tropical fruits, vegetables...
We visit The Home for Care of Helpless Old People & Children and Social Support Center of Vinh Long.
Lunch in Vinh Long at Thu Thuy restaurant and then drive back to Saigon.Check in your hotel, free time and Overnight in Saigon.
May – Sept, 2023
Oct – Dec, 2023
Ho Chi Minh City
- Airfare of Nha Trang/Ho Chi Minh City
- Airport/hotel/airport transfer as listed on itinerary
- All listed sightseeing and tour programs with private English-speaking tour guide and private van or bus with driver
- Hotels and meals as indicated on itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = lunch, D = Dinner)
- Cyclo fee & Mineral water: 2 bottles per person per day
- International Airfare, please contact us for discount international airfare starting from your city.
- Provincial side trip on Days 05 - 07, and the transportation of Hanoi – Province – Nha Trang. The side trip can be arranged with extra cost by us once we get your adopted children’s orphanage information.
- Some meals
- Optional tours
- Tipping to tour guide and driver
- Vietnamese visa
- Expenses of a personal nature
- Vietnamese airport tax
- Fuel Surcharge
Terms and Conditions:
- Deposit: A $500.00 per person non-refundable deposit is due at the time of registration
- Balance: Balance is due 60 days before departure
- Terms & Conditions: Our terms and conditions are listed on
- Discounted international airfare could be arranged through Lotus Travel with extra cost. You need to contact the airlines directly if you wished to use your frequent flyer mileage to redeem free international air tickets.
- Provincial side trip on Days 05 - 07, and the transportation of Hanoi – Province – Nha Trang could be arranged with extra cost.
- All prices are quoted per person based on two people sharing a room (double occupancy). Single supplement applies for single travelers