China Bullet Train Tour
“Time stands still for no one ”. This classic phrase is one that parents often feel the twinge of the brevity of time with growing kids. It seems a fitting thought for this itinerary which takes advantage of China leveraging the latest technology to significantly expand high speed rail. This new itinerary has been created to allow spending maximum time for families to attend
It is highly popular with Chinese travelers for so many reasons. It is efficient, practical, economical and consistently on time. In each segment there are 5 seats (2 x 3) on each row in bullet train coach class. For a quick comparison, it provides more space than airline coach class. Uncle Louie has stated, “I would prefer taking a 7-hour bullet train from Changsha to Beijing over the 2.5-hour air flight”. Since airline travel is subject to cancellation often, the high speed rail is extremely reliable in delivering you to your destination.
On this route you will enjoy the key spots in Beijing – all the “must revisit” spots included in Beijing, followed by a bullet train ride to Xian, where you can see the Terra Cotta Horses and Warrior Museum and get some biking exercise on the largest intact city wall in all of China. What a treat to be living and experiencing one’s birth country that is! On to the historically significant Chengdu to relax and enjoy the sights and sounds of this beautiful metropolis, also home to giant pandas.
This route begins with bullet trains tour from North China to South China with stops at Beijing, Xian, Chengdu, and Guilin.
Beijing/Xian Bullet Train G661(4:15P/9:57P) (Your tour guide has tickets)
Arrive at the Xian Bei (North) Train Station. Meet your local English-speaking tour guide and private van driver at the station exit for transfer to the hotel.
Tonight you will have the rare opportunity to stay at a typical farmer's home to learn to make JiaoZi (traditional Chinese dumplings) and enjoy a home-made JiaoZi dinner there. After dinner, tonight you will have a dancing party with local farmers at the village grain-sunning ground.
You will be transferred to the Xian Bei (North) Train Station for the trip to Chengdu by bullet train.
Xian/Chengdu Bullet Train D1937(2:00P/5:43P) (Your local guide has tickets)
Arrive at the Chengdu Dong (East) Train Station. Please meet your local guide and driver at the station exit for transfer to the hotel.
Chengdu/Guilin Bullet Train G3705(8:18A/1:32P)(Your local tour guide has train fare)
Arrive at the Guilin Xi (West) Train Station. Meet your local English-speaking tour guide and private van driver at the station exit for transfer to the hotel.
You will have Guilin Rice noodle for your lunch in one of the local famous rice noodle restaurants. More than 700 years ago, the Italian traveler, Marco Polo, introduced spaghetti to Italy, then to all western countries. After your Guilin Rice noodle lunch, you won’t be surprised why local people can have noodles every day, every meal. Explore the Reed Flute Caves in afternoon. Enjoy the gorgeous views of beautiful backdrops created by the cool atmosphere and colorful lighting displays inside the caves as you pass by many fanciful shapes (don’t forget to look for the Monkey King).
You will be transferred to Yangshuo this morning by a private bus. This morning, your family gets a “hands on” opportunity with a cooking class in one of the local restaurants. Then relax and enjoy your own cooked Chinese lunch. After lunch, enjoy a bamboo rafting trip on the Yulong River in the afternoon. The Yulong River is a branch of the Li River. Its scenery is even more beautiful than the scenery along the Li River. The bamboo rafting is quite a fun adventure for all along the Yulong River. You will be transferred back to Guilin in late afternoon.
- B = Breakfast L = Chinese Lunch D = Chinese Dinner
CA= Air China CZ=China Southern Airline MU=China Eastern Airlines
USD2,399.00/per adult & USD1,899.00/per child
|Beijing Peace Hotel
Grand Park Hotel, Xian
Tibet Hotel, Chengdu
|Guilin Exhibition Int’l Hotel
|Beijing Peace Hotel
|Grand Park Hotel, Xian
|Tibet Hotel, Chengdu
|Guilin Exhibition Int’l Hotel
- Bullet train fare of Beijing/Xian/Chengdu/Guilin;
- Airport/hotel/airport (or train station) transfer as listed on itinerary.
- All listed sightseeing and tour programs with private English-speaking tour guide and private van or bus with driver.
- Hotels and meals as stipulated on itinerary.
- All prices are quoted in US Dollars and are subject to change without notice. Please check at time of booking.
- All prices are quoted per person based on two people sharing a room (double occupancy). Single supplement applies for single travelers.
- N.America/China/N. America int’l airfare. Please contact us for discount international airfare starting from your city.
- Passport and/or China Visa Fees
- Some meals
- Tips to guides and drivers
- Expenses of a personal nature;
- Extending trip to orphanage city or other destination cities after Guilin which can be arranged with extra cost by us;
- For different scheduled tour, please contact us for a price quote
- A child has to be less than 12 years old to receive a discount.
- Twin beds in China hotels, about 40 – 50 inches wide, are closer in width to the 54" double size beds in the U.S., and much wider than the 39 inches wide twin beds found in U.S. homes.
- If your itinerary states "free time" or "free day", no activities would be planned for you and your English-speaking tour guide and driver would not be present.
- Lotus Travel highly recommends clients to purchase travel insurance. The Travel Plus Plan offered by the Travelex Insurance Company has excellent travel benefits and children 15 and under are free of charge when traveling with an adult.
- You need to apply for your Chinese visa 3 months before the trip. Please visit our website at http://www.lotustours.net/visas/china.shtml for detailed visa information and contact our visa agent – Vicky at email@example.com for any visa questions
- Balance is due 60 days before departure.