Asian Culture Camp Resources
Parent education workshops on: “Planning a Heritage Trip: Preparation for the Physical and Emotional Journey”. This workshop is applicable for traveling to any international country and covers a wide range of topics designed to prepare transracial families for the momentous birth country visit.
We also offer “Off
the Beaten Path in China” workshop for travelers
on a second heritage journey for China families.
Four color printed resource page on “Snapshot of China” geared for children ages 7-13 (available after June 1st).
Asian themed coloring booklet for children ages 3-6 (coming in Fall 2010)
Contact Iris Culp at firstname.lastname@example.org to request these resources.
• “Why Talking About Adoption is Important”
• “Timing of Birth Country Visits” article by Dr. Rebecca Nelson
• Chinese Proverbs and Culture Series by Lea Xu
• Living in Two Cultures by Lea Xu
• Table Manners Differences: Are you prepared?
• Chinese Traditional Games for Kids
Contact Iris Culp, Homeland Heritage Programs Director at email@example.com to inquire about any of the above resources.
There are also educational grant monies available to support educational efforts focused on providing experiences of authentic Asian culture. Click “grant program” for details on guidelines and applications.