Paradise Found: Yunnan and Shangri-La
Explore this exquisite province, traveling deep into Yunnan which has both natural beauty and an amazing array of ethnically diverse cultures. It’s a great place to visit any time of year with the winters being mild, with lows rarely dropping below freezing and sunny winter days are often that perfect temperature where you can wear a coat, or not, and still be comfortable. There is a well-known proverb in Yunnan, which says “the mountains are high and the emperor is far away,” which is a way of explaining why people here have a much more relaxed way of viewing politics and official policies. You can take in the beauty of Yunnan as you travel. As you explore the trails along Tiger Leaping Gorge, you can realize it as a dream come true for hikers and bikers. You also get to explore the area that is considered “Shangri-La” in Milton’s Paradise Lost epic. This trip has it all for you to really dig into authentic China. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire today.
Arrival in Kunming by air (your own tickets, flight details to be advised).
After airport arrival, meet your guide and be transferred to hotel where you can relax and settle in to explore the rich minority cultural connections within this province. Kunming serves as the capital of Yunnan; it is historically and culturally renowned throughout China as the most diverse province within the country. With an annual average temperature around 65 degrees Fahrenheit, it is well known as the “City of Eternal Spring”. You will relish your time in this center of perfect weather during any season. Dinner is at leisure of your choosing, and/or local guide recommendation. This is an opportunity to explore some local cuisine. Overnight in Kunming, 02 nights
Today, we take an excursion to visit the Stone Forest.
An extremely rare geological phenomenon dating back to 270 million years ago, the Stone Forest is an expanse of karst limestone pillars in fantastic shapes that resemble a forest and can be viewed from a distance roughly 50 miles away. The Stone Forest is also home to the Sani tribe, a branch of the diverse and scattered Yi minority renowned for their diligence, embroidery and dancing. Return to Kunming and you will have a chance to visit the Yuan Tong Temple, which is situated by the Green Lake, which offers idyllic setting for families and relaxing in the park there. You can also appreciate the Yuan Tong Temple and its renown as the biggest Buddhist complex in Kunming and its history that traces back to the Tang Dynasty over 1200 years ago. For today’s meal you will enjoy lunch en route at local Chinese restaurant and the splendid dinner meal features Yunnan cuisine (mushroom hot pot) at local Chinese restaurant.
Overnight in Dali, 01 night
Overnight at Shaxi, 01 night
Overnight in Lijiang, 02 nights
Overnight in Zhongdian, 03 nights
Transfer to Shangri-La Airport for your onward flight (flight details to be advised, your own tickets).
B = Breakfast L = Chinese Lunch D = Chinese Dinner
CA= Air China CZ=China Southern Airline MU=China Eastern Airlines
Low Season – November 1st of 2019 – March 31st of 2020
High Season – April 1st of 2020 – October 31st of 2020
|2 – 3 PAX
|4 – 5 PAX
|6 – 9 PAX
|$2,240.00/per adult & $1,795.00/per child
|$2,015.00/per adult & $1,612.00/per child
|$1,560.00/per adult & $1,250.00/per child
$2,560.00/per adult & $2,050.00/per child
|$2,315.00/per adult & $1,852.00/per child
$1,810.00/per adult & $1,450.00/per child
|Holiday Inn Kunming City Centre
|WeiSelect Gu Rong Hotel, Dali
|Aoding Courtyard, Shaxi
|Ivy Resort & Hotel, Lijiang
|Hilton Garden Inn, Shangri-La
- For different scheduled tour, please contact us for a price quote
- A child must be less than 12 years old to receive a discount.
- Twin beds in China hotels, about 40 – 50 inches wide, are closer in width to the 54" double size beds in the U.S., and much wider than the 39 inches wide twin beds found in U.S. homes.
- If your itinerary states "free time" or "free day", no activities would be planned for you and your English-speaking tour guide and driver would not be present.
- Lotus Travel highly recommends clients to purchase travel insurance. The Travel Plus Plan offered by the Travelex Insurance Company has excellent travel benefits and children 15 and under are free of charge when traveling with an adult.
- You need to apply for your Chinese visa 3 months before the trip. Please visit our website at http://www.lotustours.net/visas/china.shtml for detailed visa information and contact our visa agent – Apple at email@example.com for any visa questions
- A $500.00 per person non-refundable deposit is due at the time of registration.
- Balance is due 60 days before departure.
- Lotus Travel Terms and Conditions